Thursday, April 26, 2012

Blogger: Now Introducing the New Cluster-Fuck Format

Change seems to come to the best of websites, that's the undeniable fact. Sometimes things change for the best, and other times, which seems to be most of the time, they change for the worse. When blogger, the company that does the Blogspot and my blog, announced that they were doing some changes, at first I was a bit skeptical. After viewing the changes, I must say that I am displeased at the new format.

The most obvious change is the home page: it is odd in my mind. In a way, it is more organized, and in a way it is less organized. Sure, everything is condensed, but before, I could visit my home pages and have clear links to things such as "New Post," Monetize," and my personal favorite, "Overview." Now, those links are hard to find, and the only thing really on the front page is the blogs that you subscribed to reading list. While this might benefit the publishers of these blogs, how am I supposed to find where to publish my own stuff?

Another problem I have is the link to the stats section. To me, this actually has to be one of the most important parts of the blog, because then I can track how many views come in so that I know what to write to make the audience happy. On the new format, the stats link is a bit weird, having to click on the graph, rather than the button that says "Stats."

Overall, I am not pleased with the new Blogger Interface. Luckily for me, I can change it back, but like Facebook, I'm scared that they will make everyone use the new format, whether we want it or not. Now I know that this is a free service, and we don't have to agree with everything the comapany does, but if I'm hoping if enough complaints are filed, then they will change it back, but like Facebook, I am not expecting this to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment