Friday, March 23, 2012

Eiga Suite Precure: Torimodose! Kokoro no Tsunaku Kiseki no Melody!

It is no secret that I am a sucker for mahou shoujou anime, that is an accepted fact by now. When I saw that they came out with a Suite Precure movie, I couldn't help but to watch it because it looked like an interesting movie to be honest, and hopefully better than the other two anime movies I have watched.

To be honest, I was skeptical because it was a Precure Movie, and overall, the Precure series is not that strong plot wise, and even lacks some field in the characters department for the fact it is really aimed at kids. The movie was not all that different, though a bit more plot driven than the TV series.

The plot for the movie was solid enough for me to like, but yet loose enough to where kids can follow it. Major Land is being robbed of all music, causing Major Land and the real world to fall silent. It turns out that the queen is apparently taking the music away from Major Land and the Real world.  Hibiki, Kanade, Ako, and Ellen try to find the music while trying to prove the Queen's innocence.

The plot for this movie was pretty solid for a movie that was directed at children. It wasn't overly loose like in the Negima! Movie or suddenly pick up on the plot at the end like in the Sora no Otoshimono movie. It kept steady through out the movie, and it was well paced, I will admit. The plot held steady throughout the movie, and it wrapped up nicely at the end. The plot was easy to follow, and they kept the explanations short and simple, and they did not spend too much time on dialogue.

The characters for the movei were the same as in the TV series: mahou shoujo and trying to save the world with good music. As it being a movie, they did not make any considerable development character wise, but they were solid. Each one was distinguishable, of course, but I do feel
like the writers do favor Hibiki the most, and for obvious reasons.

The animation was solid, except with a few flaws here and there. The characters were well drawn, and each was distinguishable. Also, the enemy had an interesting design,though I think his final form was just a bit too cartoon-y for my tastes, but that beside the point,because over all the art was pleasing over all in my mind. The final form of the Precure was also beautiful to me in the fact that it glowed and was just overall pleasing.

The movie was overall pretty good, though there was one thing that bothered me: the light stick effect. At the beginning of the movie, Hummy, the Suite Precure Mascot, comes on screen with an announce ment saying when the Precure were in trouble, wave the light stick that had a light up music note in order to cheer on the Precure. While this was cute in the beginning, I did not expect them to actually enact that during the movie, with Hummy and the Fairy Tones saying Ganbare Ganbare, Precure (Go for it, or good luck Precure) with the fairy tones waving their own light stick that popped out of no where.

I will say that overall, I was pleased with the movie because it was right up my alley with the theme. The art was visually pleasing to me and the characters were well done, even though this was a movie that was supposed to be watched in between episodes. They did not recap the TV series, and they did not utterly butcher the characters, and that, my friends, is how a movie based on an anime series is supposed to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment